Friday 12 October 2007

Why Blog? The Intro

Why Blog?

Emerging from beneath a pile of self-help books on how to be the perfect, superhuman 24-carat parent, I felt a little overwhelmed.

Sharing the parenting duties with my wife Karen, I strive on a daily basis for that ever-elusive parental perfection. Unlike the authors of all those books, however, I am only human. Thus I end up each bedtime having been merely NOT TOO BAD A DAD. Luckily, my daughter, Isobella, doesn’t seem to mind…

I’ve started this blog as an adjunct to my occasional column in Pregnancy, Baby & You magazine, to let off steam at the frustrations of first-time parenting, as well as to capture the many joys of this startling experience.

First, the frank truth. Give it to me straight, Doc. Are you sitting comfortably? Then I’ll begin: No number of NCT classes or books can fully prepare you for the fact that life as you know it is OVER. Really. Done. Finished. Kaput. That’s it. Sayonara. Goodnight Vienna.

And that’s the good news.

The even better news is that you’ll be so happy/overwhelmed/tired/blissed out/fascinated/challenged/besotted that you won’t care. It really is the best drug known to mankind.

I hope you’re enjoying life with your new arrival - and that you enjoy the blog, too.

All best

Adam

No comments: